Regional group logo ideas
Ya, right on the money.

So, maybe this is the fork in the road?

Horizontal with the tri color
or Angled without the tri color?

so maybe a vote then?
This is Bala.S's suggestion.

[Image: chennai_freethinkers_logo_15_by_life1_ve...3dcf22.png]
Poll entries. Where can we post this poll? IA FB page?

[Image: chennai_freethinkers_logo_poll_by_life1_...3dcfqk.png]
facebook is the best option, whichever page/group. I suggest Nirmukta Page.

Additionally, I say we let the link for sharing be spread across, so that everyone knows there is a poll going on.
k, im not admin for Nirmukta page. So can someone paste this image there and start the poll?
(06-Apr-2011, 06:28 PM)bala Wrote:
(06-Apr-2011, 06:26 PM)ankush Wrote: Bala, with the tri color adopted into the angled overall, the bird in the logo which was quite obvious before, is now not that much obvious. Or it that just me?

nope. its not just you. With the other wing gone, i tried to get the tricolour into the main F. clearly its not working.

The Bird is not visible that way...since we're trying to bring Indianness to this, why not try colour the whole thing? Can we try these, and check to see the way it comes out:

The bird, for obvious reasons, can we white, people perceive it that way too! So why not chennai be in bright saffron, and progresses to white as we near the dove, and have it green all the way to the end? Green was obious reasons also talks a lot about nature, good to go, etc? But the colour change should not be apparent... like how it changes in a rainbow... gradual, progression!
Have created a survey. Please vote.
Bala, I have voted in the survey, problem is that its not foolproof. Unlike in facebook, which is linked to the user accounts so less chances of people trying to cheat the system. Why don't you go ahead and send an email to Ajita or any of the others who are a moderator, I am sure they'll do the needful.
Hey,

There's a problem that we didn't account for while planning the whole logo. If you go see the New Facebook Groups, they don't really have a "Profile Pic" format. They only allow for small thumbnails. In other words, for one, the slogan will not be visible in the thumb. Secondly, in order to make best use of the square thumb, the logo will need to use the dimensions of a square rather than a rectangle. This creates a new "problem", and it would be great if we could do something about it.
I have a suggestion. I really love the logos Bala has created. Is there a way we can use it on the website and forums (once the forums are upgraded), and in real life in banners etc, but on the facebook groups itself, we can just use the Nirmukta logo (because it is a semicircle pattern which fills the the square thumbnail).

When facebook redesigns the groups and allows for larger group profile picture, we can use this logo. I say this because the bird logo is my favourite, but the current fb groups will not do it justice.
(23-Apr-2011, 11:52 PM)siddharth Wrote: I have a suggestion. I really love the logos Bala has created. Is there a way we can use it on the website and forums (once the forums are upgraded), and in real life in banners etc, but on the facebook groups itself, we can just use the Nirmukta logo (because it is a semicircle pattern which fills the the square thumbnail).

When facebook redesigns the groups and allows for larger group profile picture, we can use this logo. I say this because the bird logo is my favourite, but the current fb groups will not do it justice.

I agree with this.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
(24-Apr-2011, 01:33 AM)Ajita Kamal Wrote:
(23-Apr-2011, 11:52 PM)siddharth Wrote: I have a suggestion. I really love the logos Bala has created. Is there a way we can use it on the website and forums (once the forums are upgraded), and in real life in banners etc, but on the facebook groups itself, we can just use the Nirmukta logo (because it is a semicircle pattern which fills the the square thumbnail).

I agree with this.

I third it! aka I agree!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new IA logo variations bala 2 4,936 17-Sep-2010, 10:44 AM
Last Post: nikjerry
  Nirmukta videos logo bala 24 13,640 31-Jul-2010, 05:00 PM
Last Post: donatello