Registering Nirmukta as a National Organization
Exclamation 
The Chennai Freethinkers, Nirmukta's Chennai regional group, has taken up the cause of registering Nirmukta as a national organization. This thread will function as a public forum for discussion and planning on the registration process. Please understand that the majority of the discussion will take place through private conversations between those involved in Nirmukta administration and in the registration process. But we encourage healthy discussion here as well, and hope to pool our resources towards our goal of building a national organization with a network of regional groups all over India, forming a nationwide community of Freethinkers!
[Image: logo2+copy.jpg]
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
[+] 3 users Like Ajita Kamal's post
This is heartening news! It is quite an honor to be a member of a grassroots group (atleast here on the forum Biggrin ) that might soon become India's leading voice for rationalism and freethought.
I'll try to submit more rationalist articles for the Nirmukta Website. The least I could do Laugh

All the best you guys
Flowers
Nick.
"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
An amazing initiative that will definitely bear fruit. All the best to Chennai Freethinkers.
Thanks, Nick and Alan! These are exciting times indeed! Thumbup

Just a quick note- the admins of the four main regional groups- Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai, will also all be collaborating in the process, keeping in touch through email lists and occasional skype conferences. If you belong to one of these groups, your admins will have the relevant information, provided it has been discussed by us online.

If you are able to contribute in any way, please contact us here, or contact your regional group coordinators! Thank you!
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
[+] 1 user Likes Ajita Kamal's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what does nirmukta stand for? LMC 19 14,648 19-May-2014, 07:14 AM
Last Post: arvindiyer
  Nirmukta featured on The Friendly Atheist nick87 1 2,786 13-Jun-2012, 07:51 PM
Last Post: bala
  Nirmukta Petitions Geeta Charusivam 0 2,413 13-Jan-2012, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Geeta Charusivam