Current time: 22-07-2014, 04:50 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ridiculous verses in Bible
shrihara Offline
Addicted to Freethought

Likes Given: 15

Ridiculous verses in Bible

! MATURITY WARNING ! ADULT CONTENT AHEAD !

[Image: biblewarning5hl.jpg]

Deuteronomy 23:1
Quote:"No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord."

Exodus 4:24-25
Quote:"And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him. Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me."

Samuel 18:25-27
Quote:"And Saul said, Thus shall ye say to David, The king desireth not any dowry, but an hundred foreskins of the Philistines, to be avenged of the king’s enemies. But Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines. And when his servants told David these words, it pleased David well to be the king’s son in law: and the days were not expired. Wherefore David arose and went, he and his men, and slew of the Philistines two hundred men; and David brought their foreskins, and they gave them in full tale to the king, that he might be the king’s son in law. And Saul gave him Michal his daughter to wife."

Deuteronomy 25:11-12
Quote:"If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity."

Ezekiel 23:19-20.
Quote:"Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

Kings 2:23-24
Quote:Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the LORD. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

Deuteronomy 28:53-55
Quote:You will eat the fruit of your womb, the flesh of your own sons and daughters, while begrudging your relatives any share of your children that you are using for food.

Deuteronomy 28:56-57
Quote:The most refined and delicate woman will refuse her husband and children her afterbirth and infant, that comes out from between her legs, as she secretly eats them for food.
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2010 02:41 PM by shrihara.)
[+] 2 users Like shrihara's post
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
astrokid.nj Offline
Nirmukt Centurion

Likes Given: 12

RE: Ridiculous verses in Bible

(01-10-2010 09:42 PM)shrihara Wrote:  Deuteronomy 25:11-12
Quote:"If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity."
Lol

What kind of a scenario to describe? What a joke..
How can someone read this, and still have respect for the book? boggles the mind..

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead
rcbako
Unregistered

RE: Ridiculous verses in Bible

Hi shrihara, I copied all the references you had provided in your post. I love to search mysteries about God. I hope I could provide some inputs the next time I log in. Thank you.
Quote this message in a reply
nick87 Offline
Nirmukt Centurion

Likes Given: 30

Exclamation Vile verses in Bible

Some more to keep the list growing. And I don't give a crap about "context".. there's no way any decent Christian apologist would defend these verses by saying you've "taken the verses out of context". Double fuck

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

(Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)
Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city.

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)
As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

(Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.

(Exodus 22:17 NAB)
You should not let a sorceress live.

(Exodus 22:17 NAB)
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Mom or dad
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents
If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions
Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets
If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

NAB-New American Bible, NLT- New Living Translation,

Source

"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
(This post was last modified: 13-07-2011 11:19 PM by nick87.)
[+] 1 user Likes nick87's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)