Sai Baba and the sexual abuse charges (not to mention the murder charges)
Fascinating story, Sid! I'll remember this one.

Btw, why are there so many mutant versions of this SaiBaba? Who was the original one? The Star-Plus one?
smile

He is the "original" one: http://www.bloggerspoint.com/wp-content/...i-baba.jpg

He was more of a "love, peace" hippy.

And this is the original of the frauds: http://api.ning.com/files/Jx8KmtZz6SsO5w...i_Baba.jpg

Edit: and of course, the reason why there are so many Sai Babas is because the original fraud gained so much wealth and deluded supporters apart from a businessman-politician nexus. Who doesn't want that? :P
Haha! The first one comes on Star Plus. And my aunt watches that shit. Lol
Oh is it! Haha.. yeah his followers have really made stuff up about him and deified him.
Sid,
Tell me your dad laughed mightily right there, and set the story straight.

mvish,
What evidence will it take to convince you? Are you even open to the idea that you may be wrong?
The rationalists are quite open to the idea that they may be wrong.. and James Randi's 1-million$ scheme demonstrates that. If Mr Sathyanarayana Raju can face that challenge, millions of rationalists/atheists will switch over to your side, and we can all be buddies, and laugh over this stupid argument.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead
Quote:Sid,
Tell me your dad laughed mightily right there, and set the story straight.

I can assure you he laughed inwardly. But laughing out loud would have meant getting beaten up by the deluded masses who revere him as "god"! Don't forget that's one ashram where even murders have taken place in the past.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass murder by fire in Ramayana/Mahabharat Prahalad 5 6,009 10-Jun-2012, 01:03 PM
Last Post: nispat
  Heights of Baba's Stupidity shrihara 5 5,004 09-Feb-2011, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Naveen_Reloaded
  Sathya Sai Baba Hall of Shame Lije 9 8,911 09-Feb-2011, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Naveen_Reloaded