Scientific summer camps/Freethought clubs in colleges.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mango-Tre...9139005999

Their description: To provide children of ages 5-15 a unique fun-learning experience during the summer months (that the schools/homes cannot provide through academic curriculum) and the faculty of "Independent Thinking", "Scientific Inquiry", and "Creative Self-Expression" in a way that they become ever-lasting tools in the child's psychological and intellectual equipment.

Perhaps, Nirmukta can do something similar with the help of the regional chapters, or associate with any foundations like this.

Also, could there be a couple of guides drawn up for people to start rationalist associations/clubs in their colleges. Summer camps/workshops/clubs are mentioned in the Nirmukta manifesto, but I'm not aware of any such organization.

I'm very interested in forming a freethought association in my college. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
(18-Apr-2012, 09:06 PM)csadhana Wrote: Also, could there be a couple of guides drawn up for people to start rationalist associations/clubs in their colleges. Summer camps/workshops/clubs are mentioned in the Nirmukta manifesto, but I'm not aware of any such organization.

Do check out these posts:
Teaching materials for a 3-day summer camp
Science events for adults to substitute "satsangas"
Guidelines for organizing a freethought event in India
As for campus chapter guidelines, we can use threads like this one to collect pointers and suggestions on what the member aspirations and on-ground requirements are for potential campus chapters.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teaching materials for a 3 day summer camp Why 4 4,845 12-Apr-2012, 11:07 PM
Last Post: arvindiyer