Scientology - Upcoming Absurdity
Rainbow 
Still scientology is in early stages in India , few offices here and there in India. Already U.K has banned this organisation

Here is a very simple overview

1.) Aliens are living among us
2.)The bad thing we do is due to aliens living within ourselves
3.)whole organization is based on sci-fi writer named L. Ron Hubbard
4.)The way they remove evil things from you cost a hefty amount

Simply put this whole institution is money swindling organization ... Beware !!

And here is small video

Sadly, India would be a perfect sanctuary for scientology given the fact that there is a huge target audience in India who would believe anything and everything if it is canned and sold under some religiousy, spiritsy package. Add to that the crooked politicians and corrupt officials, it is a match made in heaven for a perfect breeding ground. And with all the new influx of money in India, scientology will thrive and flourish well in a place like India.
(24-Mar-2011, 03:00 AM)Emmy Wrote: Sadly, India would be a perfect sanctuary for scientology given the fact that there is a huge target audience in India who would believe anything and everything if it is canned and sold under some religiousy, spiritsy package. Add to that the crooked politicians and corrupt officials, it is a match made in heaven for a perfect breeding ground. And with all the new influx of money in India, scientology will thrive and flourish well in a place like India.
Scared

"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
BBC has an excellent documentary titled 'The Secrets of Scientology'. Link.
"Life is but a momentary glimpse into the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it makes me sad to see so many people dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." - Carl Sagan
(24-Mar-2011, 03:00 AM)Emmy Wrote: Sadly, India would be a perfect sanctuary for scientology given the fact that there is a huge target audience in India who would believe anything and everything if it is canned and sold under some religiousy, spiritsy package. Add to that the crooked politicians and corrupt officials, it is a match made in heaven for a perfect breeding ground. And with all the new influx of money in India, scientology will thrive and flourish well in a place like India.

very true.. all it needs is some cine star supporting it ...
Exclamation 
Sir, I would not simply stop at calling it absurd; it is a dangerous cult that once has you, will not let you go. It has split many families apart (the defectors never allowed contact with the church family members), it works you to death in order for you to pay for the auditing sessions and it is a money making organization that clearly seeks to exploit you. The church gleans every bit of information about your financial status, your sexual preferences, your transgressions, your run-in's with the law- everything!! When you try to defame the church or leave, they will humiliate you by posting obscene posters containing information from your private life onto glass doors of the buildings in your neighborhood. They will call up your employers and tell them all your secrets. Nothing is safe. Either you come back to the Church with your tail between your legs or they will shame you and destroy your reputation. "Fair game", L.Ron Hubbard called it. Here is a copy-paste from the Wiki page of fair Game
(1) Spot who is attacking us.
(2) Start investigating them promptly for felonies or worse using own professionals, not outside agencies.
(3) Double curve our reply by saying we welcome an investigation of them.
(4) Start feeding lurid, blood, sex, crime actual evidence on the attackers to the press.

Don't ever tamely submit to an investigation of us. Make it rough, rough on attackers all the way. You can get "reasonable about it" and lose. Sure we break no laws. Sure we have nothing to hide. BUT attackers are simply an anti-Scientology propaganda agency so far as we are concerned. They have proven they want no facts and will only lie no matter what they discover. So BANISH all ideas that any fair hearing is intended and start our attack with their first breath. Never wait. Never talk about us - only them. Use their blood, sex, crime to get headlines. Don't use us. I speak from 15 years of experience in this. There has never yet been an attacker who was not reeking with crime. All we had to do was look for it and murder would come out.
END QUOTE
There was an incident where a woman died as a result of following Scientology. Her name was Lisa McPherson.

Scientology is an atrocious fabrication whose inception and development we have seen before our very eyes (akin to Mormonism) and our Indian government must do everything to stop its entry.

Visit the Xenu Website to learn more about this cult and how to protect yourselves and your loved ones.
Peace,
Nick.
"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
Here's one at New Delhi

Scientology Mission of New Delhi
10, Mathura Road, Jangpura-B, Near Rajdoot Hotel, New Delhi, Delhi 110014

They have 4.6/5 rating on google maps.

Documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOXNVqkJQZQ

An interesting talk Scientology: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Ke6lQMmFU

Ted The Atheist Ripping Scientologists off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZGbYMYKzyI

Someday I'd like to visit this Delhi place with some of atheist friends and see how things work..