So this exists...
...leading me to ask the profound question, HOW?

http://mysorebook.com/node/16

The Indian Pyramid Party even contested in the 2008 Lok Sabha elections in India, and have aspirations.

In all seriousness, pyramids have been themes for many cults over the years.

More pyramid fun, famous Scientific American 'Mathematical Games' columnist even wrote a spoof in he '70s and '80s in Chapter 17 of his compilation of 'Dr. Matrix' stories from the column:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/57110566/The-M...-Dr-Matrix

Very beautiful Lewis Carrol-esque writing- with mathematical themes interwoven in the stories, do check it out.
[+] 1 user Likes karatalaamalaka's post
(26-Jul-2012, 05:05 AM)karatalaamalaka Wrote: ...leading me to ask the profound question, HOW?

http://mysorebook.com/node/16

If only someone could spray-paint the letters "d-u-n-c-e" on each of those silly hats...

This pyramid business reminds me of the spiel I was subjected to on my first-ever visit to a Brahmakumari meditation center( Om Shanti Retreat Centre near Gurgaon). This 'retreat' has a pyramid-shaped building which channels energy into its occupants or whatever it is such nonsensical devices are supposed to do. Now, Brahmakumaris may be one of the craziest cults that are out there, with members that come up with gems like this and this .
Their Eastman-color pamphlets and posters( with imagery typical of the 1950s) regularly made their way to the neighborhood I grew up in. Visitors to their centers are usually welcomed by the suggestive words" Gateway to Heaven" staring down from the lofty heights of bold presumption. Such visits would move any sane human being to exclaim"BOVINE ORDURE!"( with a British accent)
However, the Brahmakumaris are always there if you ever run short of jokes to crack or people to make fun of. Their comedic value is almost on par with Scientology's

Quote:Questioned how dinosaurs fit within a 5,000 year Cycle of Time BK Neville Hodgkinson, a former scientific correspondent for an English national newspaper, questioned the existence of dinosaurs on the basis of the lack of bones that have been found whilst another BK follower argued that dinosaurs exist in a parallel space-time dimension and because of a warp hole end up in this dimension

Here is a link to a website critical of the Brahmakumaris.
نوشیروان
[+] 1 user Likes Naushirvan's post
(26-Jul-2012, 10:44 AM)Naushirvan Wrote: this and this .
Their Eastman-color pamphlets and posters( with imagery typical of the 1950s) regularly made their way to the neighborhood I grew up in. Visitors to their centers are usually welcomed by the suggestive words" Gateway to Heaven" staring down from the lofty heights of bold presumption. Such visits would move any sane human being to exclaim"BOVINE ORDURE!"( with a British accent)
However, the Brahmakumaris are always there if you ever run short of jokes to crack or people to make fun of. Their comedic value is almost on par with Scientology's

So they call themselves BKWSU? That sounds too much like a modern abbreviation of the Hindi/Hindustani word 'Bakwaas' to not be funny. Big Grin

I've heard of these guys before (on this forum too, IIRC). They have camped off on Mount Abu to the peril of that beautiful place. I believe our most honorable ex-president Pratibha Patil was a fan too.
Among the 'bakwaas' they hold sacred are the beliefs that god speaks exclusively to them(in Hindi,with a few words of English) and that their founder narrated the Bhagvad Geeta. A very common pamphlet/poster the Brahmakumaris distribute( such distributions usually coincide with Hindu festivals like Janamashtami,Diwali and Mahashivaratri).

Like all cults, there have been many 'bleak moments':
Quote:In the 40s, the Brahma Kumaris taught that WWII was the End of the World. Then, that there was a “12 year sacrifical fire” and the End of the World was to come in 1950.

During the mid to late 1960s, the BKWSU taught that “Destruction” would happen in 1976, at the end of a 40 year Confluence Age. In the early 80s, it was stated the channelled messages called “the Murlis” which the Brahma Kumaris use as their scriptures that Destruction would take 50 years, and Creation of heaven 50 years. This then failed and re-written so that Destruction was “50 to 60 years” since the start of the Organization in 1936. Again the End of the World did not come despite their leaders persistent exhortations that it would come in “2 to 3 years …”

Following the 1980s to 1990s failure, in the run up to Year 2000, BK followers were encouraged to empty bank accounts, buy food and water containers in preparation. The leadership wrote to all centers warning followers to stay in centers, about the impurity and criminal intent of non-BKs.

BK propaganda denounces Western powers as "science-proud Christian cats fighting for the butter of world sovereignty". Each poster is a lovingly-created work of transcendental stupidity,loaded with enough nonsense to last us a lifetime.
نوشیروان