South African Indian atheist
Hi there, I'm a third generation South African of Indian decent. My family are Hindus and their cultural language is Gujarati.
I've been an atheist for over a year and a half and have joined this forum both to understand hindu customs
and how to counter pro-Hindu arguments with calm, rational counterpoints. Thanks.
Hi, welcome to the forums Flowers, hope you have a good time, you can get started on hinduism here .
Welcome! I'd love to hear more about the Indian community there (at some point), in particular the intersectionality between being a racial minority and religiosity.
Hiya!
Welcome to the community! Hope to see you contributing to the threads soon.

PeaceFlowers
"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."
Hi, Welcome smile
(02-Jul-2011, 03:15 PM)LiberalGlory Wrote: Hi there, I'm a third generation South African of Indian decent. My family are Hindus and their cultural language is Gujarati.
I've been an atheist for over a year and a half and have joined this forum both to understand hindu customs
and how to counter pro-Hindu arguments with calm, rational counterpoints. Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newly minted atheist and mythology enthusiast vimoh 0 699 04-Jul-2017, 11:06 PM
Last Post: vimoh
  Why women are tabooed when they are/become atheist, apatheist or agnostic ? Ananya 3 3,024 24-Jan-2016, 12:03 PM
Last Post: paolinitolkien
  Liberal, Atheist, Feminist, Humanist vwake 0 2,611 01-Sep-2014, 12:31 AM
Last Post: vwake
  Mohammed, the atheist. MohammedWhatever 3 3,898 05-Aug-2012, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bala
  Atheist Next Door screech 1 2,602 14-Jan-2012, 11:45 PM
Last Post: LMC
  Hello from a Canadian/Indian atheist (anyone here from BC?) Randhir Singh 1 2,374 13-Sep-2011, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Lije
  An atheist in Mumbai Alan D'Souza 3 4,905 03-Aug-2011, 10:10 PM
Last Post: sushikadanakuppe@gmail.com