The Music and Comedy of Tim Minchin
I'm starting this thread to discuss the songs, comedy and other works of Tim Minchin (well, the relevant ones). My favorite is 'Storm', even though the youtube version is audio only, with title text. As Sid suggested, if there is a browser compatibility issue and you cannot see the embedded video, here is the direct link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB_htqDCP-s

"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
I came across that video a while back. Thanks for bringing it up here. Had a good laugh again.
Yeah, Minchin is awesome. We need more people like him to represent skepticism and rationalism. I wait for the day when someone like this could be popular in the mainstream in India. Imagine a talented artist who is popular for criticizing superstition in India!
I can't believe I hadn't or heard anything by this guy. The video was brilliant! Will be sharing this alot.
This is Minchin's response to the whole pope-protecting-the-child-rapists thing.

Tim Minchin - Pope Song from Fraser Davidson on Vimeo.

(06-May-2010, 05:31 PM)Ajita Kamal Wrote: This is Minchin's response to the whole pope-protecting-the-child-rapists thing.

Laugh

I don't understand why the catholic church hasn't ditched Ratzinger. But I'm not complaining. He is doing a very good job at defaming the church.
That was awesome! Animation and Atheism. Two of my passions combined. Wish I'd make something half as good one day.
(07-May-2010, 01:06 AM)Lije Wrote:
(06-May-2010, 05:31 PM)Ajita Kamal Wrote: This is Minchin's response to the whole pope-protecting-the-child-rapists thing.

Laugh

I don't understand why the catholic church hasn't ditched Ratzinger. But I'm not complaining. He is doing a very good job at defaming the church.

Is it just me or does Ratzinger look a lot like Darth Sidious?
ROTFL That was hilarious! And amazing animation too!