The Vedic theories of the universe !!! ( ancient indian scriptures )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEca1MiE4...re=related
This video can mislead unbiased people, can anybody answer this...

Regs
srikgn
This video can mislead unbiased people, can anybody answer this...

I could not get past 2 mins of this video. What is to answer? May be I will ask a question to who ever made this video. If I did not teach you any physics (I mean real physics - Newton and Einstein kind of physics) and just give you the book of Gita will you be able to ...

... build a space ship and send a man to the moon
... build atom bombs and nuclear reactors
... build computers and televisions
... build ........................................

The problem here is that the Hindutawa apologist is just mining for words in Gita and trying to force fit it into some theory that has been developed by the painstakingly rigorous work of scientists (I mean real scientists like Newton and Einstein).
[+] 1 user Likes Captain Mandrake's post
Chapter and verse reference to the specific hymn in the text of the 4 Vedas that supports the claim is needed before any claim merits consideration.

Even people like Radhakrishnan, CR Chari, Vivekananda and Dayanand Saraswati merely made general claims - I am yet to see a reference to a specific hymn (chapter and verse reference) from any of them though they have claimed Vedas are profound.

The creation hymn in the Rig Veda is nice poetry and thought from agrarian, tribal and nomadic people who lived about 3,000 years ago. Beyond this hymn, I am yet to see a specific hymn that impresses me.

Saying "Small things have a lot of power " is not evidence of knowledge of E=M C squared. :-)

Most of the Vedic hymns are about the preoccupations of a tribal, nomadic people that practiced shifting agriculture, and a society where pastures and cows were important, and understandably so. They invoked fire, wind, thunder, lightning and anything they feared to help them fight other tribes, and again understandbly so.

Silence is eloquent. When a specific reference is not provided, it speaks volumes. There is no short supply of people trained in both Sanskrit and English and having the zeal of a Murli Manohar Joshi. Had they found a specific hymn that shows the guys who wrote the Vedas had knowledge of X or Y or Z, they have all the incentives to advertise it from the rooftops. That they do not and have not is therefore eloquent.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Response to report on worldview of Indian scientists astrokid.nj 4 4,675 18-Dec-2010, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Ajita Kamal