Video And Image Software, Applications and Related Technical Information
When it comes to software, there are some technical people at Nirmukta and many others like me who have very little technical knowledge. But sometimes those of us with no technical knowledge would like to do something creative as part of the movement, requiring technical expertise.

This thread can serve as a venue for asking and answering questions about all sorts of technical information relating to programs for video editing and graphic design.

"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
My first question in this thread is regarding Final Cut Pro.

I am a novice video maker, and have made a few videos with simple and even some semi-professional software. Over the next couple of years I would like to get a bit more serious. I am trying to learn Final Cut Pro, one of the most advanced applications for video editing.

I understand that this is a major task, one that some people dedicate their lives to. There are entire degree programs that are dedicated to exploring FCP. But I just want to start somewhere and build skill over the years.

At this stage the major problem Im having is that there are a lot of choices when it comes to beginners' tutorials. So here's my question to the technical (software/geek) community. Are there any FCP tutorials that are considered the standard when it comes to beginners?

Also, I'd like to know in general if having no formal training in this is likely to be a problem, and what can I do to overcome it?

So far it has been really slow going. Things that took me minutes to figure out on my old programs are less simple on FCP, but I realize that I'm on a curve and it gets easier. It took me a couple of days to just get newly-imported videos to work! So any help on this would be much appreciated.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Image-Quotes of Indian Freethinkers. bala 16 10,476 22-Jul-2012, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Lije