Poll: What is your political ideology?
Liberalism
Conservatism
Feminism
Environmentalism
Nationalism
Socialism
Other (please specify)
[Show Results]
 
 
What are your politics?
#1
Interested in knowing the politics of my fellow members. I have taken this list from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pol...ideologies

Personally speaking, I am a leftist socialist.
Reply
#2
Still in the making! Or I'm not aware of the label for it.
- Capitalism of males without inheritance (perpetual distribution of wealth) which requires
- social security for females
- welfare society for the old aged people
- a strong state
Manju Vadiarillat
Reply
#3
My political view is:
Secular Humanism,
Social liberalism,
meritocracy
Reply
#4
(13-Sep-2010, 10:24 AM)manju Wrote: Still in the making! Or I'm not aware of the label for it.
- Capitalism of males without inheritance (perpetual distribution of wealth) which requires
- social security for females
- welfare society for the old aged people
- a strong state
If you don't mind me, why do you restrict capitalism only to males? Why cannot females take the role of leaders/wealthy person?

Also, where will the wealth go after a person dies? If the house, savings and other assets of that person be seized, what is to become of his family who are used to a particular standard of living? It might be impossible for them to undergo a drastic reduction in their lifestyle.

Also, why restrict social security to females?

On a related note, looking at the Western industrial countries with their massive cutbacks on welfare after the 1970s, where do you propose the money will come from for the welfare state?
Reply
#5
I have already mentioned my socio-economic model is still in the making Biggrin.

(15-Sep-2010, 09:14 AM)madhav Wrote: If you don't mind me, why do you restrict capitalism only to males? Why cannot females take the role of leaders/wealthy person?
Sure they can. But considering the fact that they would have social security throughout their life, they are never going to be real capitalist beings.

Quote:Also, where will the wealth go after a person dies? If the house, savings and other assets of that person be seized, what is to become of his family who are used to a particular standard of living? It might be impossible for them to undergo a drastic reduction in their lifestyle.
A certain standard of living must be maintained for females (that is neither bare minimum nor affluent). Yes, it would be impossible for affluent family children. But I don't care about them. Since it's a capitalist society there won't be any restrictions on them to create the wealth on their own.

Do I need to bother about human psychology (of unknown scientific validity)?

Quote:Also, why restrict social security to females?
Theoretically, there shouldn't be social security for anybody in a capitalist society. This is a bare minimum requirement for keeping the family life stable with females independent of males and males independent of responsibilities other than themselves.

Again, Do I need to bother about human psychology(of unknown scientific validity) or do I need to come up with ideas based on the ground realities of a traditional Indian society? I know you haven't mentioned anything related to this here, however, this was something I have come across earlier (women are responsible and men are bums).

Quote:On a related note, looking at the Western industrial countries with their massive cutbacks on welfare after the 1970s, where do you propose the money will come from for the welfare state?
By disallowing the inheritance of wealth(of both males and females).
Manju Vadiarillat
Reply
#6
(15-Sep-2010, 12:33 PM)manju Wrote: I have already mentioned my socio-economic model is still in the making Biggrin.
I hope you won't mind a few more questions of mine Biggrin as an attempt towards a political debate.

Quote:Sure they can. But considering the fact that they would have social security throughout their life, they are never going to be real capitalist beings.
This is circular reasoning. You have already assumed that women will have social security. However it is not clear why women alone "need" social security and why they need to be treated any different than men. This seems very patriarchal to me.

Quote:A certain standard of living must be maintained for females (that is neither bare minimum nor affluent). Yes, it would be impossible for affluent family children. But I don't care about them. Since it's a capitalist society there won't be any restrictions on them to create the wealth on their own.

Do I need to bother about human psychology (of unknown scientific validity)?
This is a common real life situation that one will encounter if one tries to take away the wealth from affluent families and has little to do with psychology.

Quote:Theoretically, there shouldn't be social security for anybody in a capitalist society. This is a bare minimum requirement for keeping the family life stable with females independent of males and males independent of responsibilities other than themselves.

Again, Do I need to bother about human psychology(of unknown scientific validity) or do I need to come up with ideas based on the ground realities of a traditional Indian society?
This seems to justify a very anti-female patriarchal society. These "ground realities" of inequality between men and women in the current Indian society are themselves products of historical social and economic factors. So, these cannot be considered as permanent features of Indian society for all time to come.

Quote:By disallowing the inheritance of wealth(of both males and females).
This is not going to work as capitalists (who are usually the biggest financiers of political parties) will always find a way to get around this rule by making deals with the state. This has been happening all the time whenever any reforms to the capitalist system have been tried (for instance, the welfare reforms which are dying out in the post-1970s western industrial societies).
Reply
#7
(13-Sep-2010, 10:05 AM)madhav Wrote: Interested in knowing the politics of my fellow members. I have taken this list from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pol...ideologies

Personally speaking, I am a leftist socialist.

Where do you stand as a leftist socialist on the issue of environmentalism?
Reply
#8
(19-Sep-2010, 05:38 PM)Shantanu Wrote: Where do you stand as a leftist socialist on the issue of environmentalism?
I am an environmentalist.
Reply
#9
Still in the Making - I'm attracted to the Idea of Socialism.

Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  politics andn current affairs Arun 0 1,906 02-Feb-2014, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Arun
  The continuing tale of Religious Politics (South Asia) madhav 1 3,520 31-Jan-2013, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Captain Mandrake



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)