Current time: 29-08-2014, 03:27 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What is scientific proof?
madpurple Offline
Addicted to Freethought

Likes Given: 0
Likes Rcvd: 0 in 0 posts

RE: What is scientific proof?

Hey the original site I had seen on this article was about 10 years back. Unfortunately that site doesnt exist. It was really well layed out there.

But I found another similar one!
http://pushyami4.blogspot.com/2007/10/wh...verse.html

Now its 6 am in melbourne and I need to sleeeeeeeeeeep!

Buenos Noche
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Lije Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 258
Likes Rcvd: 337 in 188 posts

(10-12-2011 12:15 AM)madpurple Wrote:  Hey the original site I had seen on this article was about 10 years back. Unfortunately that site doesnt exist. It was really well layed out there.

Now its 6 am in melbourne and I need to sleeeeeeeeeeep!

Buenos Noche

This is the point where I point you to the forum rules and ask you again to please take this discussion to the debate group.

Your knowledge of science is poor (you do not learn it from Discovery channel), history abysmal (lookup Archimedes, Copernicus). If you want a debate, learn some of those and come back. LMC went to quite a bit of effort to explain something, then Ajita expanded on it and you missed the point entirely.

I'm closing this thread. Only place this discussion can go is nowhere.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2011 01:01 AM by Lije.)
[+] 1 user Likes Lije's post
Ajita Kamal Offline
Editor

Likes Given: 234
Likes Rcvd: 241 in 143 posts

(10-12-2011 12:15 AM)madpurple Wrote:  Hey the original site I had seen on this article was about 10 years back. Unfortunately that site doesnt exist. It was really well layed out there.

Despite all that number fudging, attempting to corroborate a bunch of nonsensical claims with current scientific evidence, no where is the number 4.23 billion years to be found. Certainly not specifically in the context of the age of the earth.

Also, you are still ignoring all I have said about the scientific method. Among the number of seriously stupid things that have been written in the vedas by stone-age Indians, the mystics have latched onto to one concept- the timeline- as being proof of scientific prowess. It would still not be science even if it happens to align perfectly with known science, because it is not arrived at through scientific methods. Every religion does this. Hindus are not unique. In fact, Muslims claim that everything that scientists have and will discover has already been written in the quran. As ridiculous as that might sound to you, it is exactly what you are doing here wrt the vedas.

Quote:Buenos Noche

We're not going to make any progress here unless you decide to read up on the scientific method. Even a basic philosophy course on epistemology might do you some good. Till then, let's call it adiĆ³s instead of buenos noche.

"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Quantum mechanics, Reality, Vedanta and the nature of 'scientific method' ramesh 40 14,922 10-01-2012 10:34 PM
Last Post: ramesh

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)