What is the best religion?
the question like 'what is the best religion?' has been the cause of so many conflicts and intolerance. If you are brought up as a Christian and educated about God in a sunday school then of course you are made to believe that Christianity is the best religion. Same goes with Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism and all other religion.

I think, talking about the underlying common thing in all religion like: love, compassion, forgiveness, tolerance and so on, and developing a notion of acceptance of difference would be helpful on the path of righteousness and religiosity.
(24-Jul-2011, 01:33 PM)ekata Wrote: I think, talking about the underlying common thing in all religion like: love, compassion, forgiveness, tolerance and so on, and developing a notion of acceptance of difference would be helpful on the path of righteousness and religiosity.

The more obvious common denominators among all religions seem to be outgroup hostility, dualism, obscurantism and atavism which by themselves and in concert militate against Reason and Compassion and against all the virtues traditionally attributed to religions.

[+] 1 user Likes arvindiyer's post
(24-Jul-2011, 01:33 PM)ekata Wrote: I think, talking about the underlying common thing in all religion like: love, compassion, forgiveness, tolerance and so on, and developing a notion of acceptance of difference would be helpful on the path of righteousness and religiosity.

The things you quote are there despite religiosity, not because of it. As such religiosity is not necessary at all. You missed the point of this thread. There is no such thing as "the best religion" or "good religion". No matter what you pick and chose from different religions, they all subscribe to untenable ideas of god and the supernatural and primitive ideas of morality.
[+] 2 users Like Lije's post