When is the next meetup?
Hi everyone - just wondering if there is a Bangalore meetup planned any time soon?
(04-Oct-2010, 07:45 PM)unsorted Wrote: Hi everyone - just wondering if there is a Bangalore meetup planned any time soon?

I have been wanting to organise one for sometime now, but I somehow seem to be putting it off. So, currently there is nothing planned AFAIK. Thumbdown

However, we could organise one I suppose. There are a number of us on the forums who happen to be from Bangalore. With the FB groups, we can easily gather around 10 people or more. We could I suppose meet up at a coffee shop on a Sat/Sun evening and just hang out or do some serious talking, whatever the consensus ends up preferring Big Grin
Aditya Manthramurthy
Web Administrator & Associate Editor
Nirmukta.com
Yup! We should atleast have a informal meet up to know the people here :d. Coffee shop sounds perfect!
(06-Oct-2010, 09:14 PM)mohankarthik Wrote: Yup! We should atleast have a informal meet up to know the people here :d. Coffee shop sounds perfect!

I have attended most of the Bangalore meetings. Will organize an informal one very soon. I haven't been active for the past 3-4 months in the forums but hoping to correct that.

Or if someone is interested in taking up the responsibility I can surely support.

Cheers
Hello People,

Is anyone still interested? I am Ok with weekends or even some weekdays after 7pm.
Narendra Nayak is in town this weekend. If folks are interested, we can have a meeting this Sunday evening around 5pm. Some place in Koramangala or other place in South Bangalore? Sorry for the short notice, but I just got to know about Narendra Nayak's plans.

For Kannadigas amongst you, you might be interested in attending a 1/2 day session (from 10AM to 3PM or so, including lunch) being organized by the Kannada Vicharvadi Sangham (quite active Atheist group in Bangalore) this Saturday. I am attending that. Narendra Nayak will also be there. Let me know if you need details.

FYI. My phone number is 98456-36654.

P.S: I have logged into nirmukta.net after ages, and have been in hibernation mode. We should revive these meetings. We ran into venue issues as soon as the numbers crossed 20. Subba Rao has offered his school premises if we want to meet there regularly. This is in Shankar Mutt near Basavanagudi. Last time folks said this is too far and wanted some place near Koramangala/Indira Nagar or nearby areas. There was recommendation of meeting @ Jaaga.

(24-Oct-2010, 07:41 PM)sri Wrote: Hello People,

Is anyone still interested? I am Ok with weekends or even some weekdays after 7pm.

I'm in Pankaj.

Cheers
I'm game!

I didn't know about Jaaga but it looks like a good venue (would we sit in their cafe or would it be a 'workshop' style room?). One other possible place is the rooftop cafe at Max Mueller on CMH Road - it should be quite empty on Sunday evening and if we tell them in advance getting 20 people around a few tables should be doable. (I should disclose that I have a vested interest as I live in Indiranagar.)
Indranagar, yes yes yes! smile. Basvangudi, hmmm, if we can help it, I would prefer not.

I second unsorted, its a nice place to meet. We can meet this saturday. Just let us know the venue. We'll be there.

We can also meet at RMZ infinity. There is quite a large open area in the middle of the food court and the food court (has tons of seating and is spacious) should be empty on saturday evening. But it is a little farther away from Indira Nagar.
Attaching google maps link: http://goo.gl/RkgI1

Cheers, lets make this happen ppl.
A number of folks have shown interest in meeting in Bangalore, and most of those who posted looking for a meet up are not subscribed to this thread. So I request the moderators organizing this meet up to send private messages to others on this thread who had previously expressed interest.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
Thanks, Ajita. Will do.
I've sent a private message to the folks on this thread. I'm also posting the info below.

Hi All,

Narendra Nayak is available to meet us at 5pm this Sunday (i.e. 13th Nov) in Cafe Coffee Day on Koramangala 100 ft road. This is close to the Koramangala BDA complex facing the 100 ft road (please don't confuse this with the CCD behind the BDA complex).

Please keep my mobile number handy in case you need to reach me -- 98456-36654.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers,
-Pankaj