Why is the management department, University of Delhi promoting spiritualism?
Following this message is an email sent to Nirmukta from sunita.singhsengupta@fms.edu. Since the sender didn't make it clear what she wanted from us at Nirmukta (other than a vague reference to our "participation and valuable contribution"), I can only assume she wants the admins to make sure everyone who is part of our organization receives the contents of her email, as well as the email address used to send us this unsolicited invitation.

Personally I don't care much for nationalistic claptrap passing for a historical account of enterprise in India. I know India has had truly great civilizations/periods that pioneered innovation, trade and commerce and brought the people certain socio-economic benefits, and don't need revisionist memories to make me feel good about my culture. But "Spiritual Foundations of Economics"? "Insights from Scriptures"? Surely this crosses the line for a "National Seminar" organized by the "Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi", does it not?

If you feel like responding to this email addressed to US ALL, please post a copy in this thread.
The "details of the Seminar along with the Registration Form" referred to in the email message that follows are also attached below.

Quote:Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi is organizing a two days National Seminar on Indian Business through Ages during December 12-13, 2011.

The proposed Seminar aims at having an understanding of the ancient roots of modern business practices in India. Papers are invited that focus on the course of the transition of business from mercantile capitalism to industrial capitalism. The various sub themes of the Seminar are:

1. Ancient Roots of Corporate Entity
2. Ancient Indian Economy: Synthesis of Cultural, Spiritual, Economic and Political Thought
3. Business in Ancient Period: Strategies and Structures
4. Spiritual Foundations of Economics: Insights from Scriptures
5. Colonial India and Its Impact on Indian Business
6. Drain of Wealth and its Impact on Indian Economy
7. Development of Modern Commercial Organizations
8. Moral Foundations of Underground Economy
9. Nehruvian Model of Economic Growth
10. Gandhian Model of Economic Development
11. Effect of Globalization on India’s Economic Growth
12. The Political Economy of Corruption

The details of the Seminar along with the Registration Form are attached here for your ready reference.

We look forward to your participation and valuable contribution.

--
Sunita Singh Sengupta, Ph.D.
Professor of Organizational Behaviour
Faculty of Management Studies
University of Delhi
Delhi - 110 007

Alternate Email- sunita.singhsengupta@gmail.com
Cell No.: 91+9873167484

ॐ पूर्णमदः पूर्णमिदं पूर्णात्पुर्णमुदच्यते
पूर्णश्य पूर्णमादाय पूर्णमेवावशिष्यते ॥
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥

Attached Files
.pdf   Brochure.pdf (Size: 941.12 KB / Downloads: 5)
.docx   Registration.docx (Size: 15.36 KB / Downloads: 3)
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
[+] 1 user Likes Ajita Kamal's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Govt. of India promoting Ayurveda, Unani, etc. Swati 34 28,514 20-Apr-2012, 10:23 PM
Last Post: arvindiyer