YOUTUBE POST!
Ariane Sherine's The Simon Singh Song. I love this girl :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5tZKCcLLWs
My all time Dawkins Fav vid:

Murthy

"Credulity kills" -- Carl Sagan
Murthy

Murthy

This may not entirely belong here but I'll throw it in anyway. Philippe Starck is a famous French Designer often referred to as the bad-boy of the design world for his outrageous and avant-garde approach. In this TED talk he starts answering the question "why design?" and takes us through his philosophy in a beautiful 18 minute narrative. The first 4 minutes or so is about design so you can skip that if you like.

This is wrong in a number of levels. Watch till the end.

The Dancer from Kensington on Vimeo.

(03-Jun-2010, 12:54 PM)palaeo Wrote: I fucking love Stephen Fry. And Hugh Laurie for that matter. House MD gave him the publicity but his early stuff is what is most fun to watch.
Most of you will be familiar with A Bit Of Fry And Laurie, but there's another lesser known series that stars these two. Have you read any P.G. Wodehouse? A little behind the times, perhaps, but Fry and Laurie starred in the most brilliant adaptation of Jeeves and Wooster in the early 90s. I don't think you'd enjoy the TV series if you haven't read the books, though.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
Bala, that video was a really well-made bit of propaganda. I truly believe that the only way we can fight these powerful religions is to associate ourselves with a humanitarian cause. Until our society (and we rationalists) can provide moral and material support for people like that kid, and show the world that religions are not necessary for such actions, we will not succeed in getting rid of these religions.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
I've always liked this lecture by Neil deGrasse Tyson, where he explains the "God of the Gaps" argument by looking at astronomy down the ages. The example of Newton in particular has always stayed with me.

(Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vrpPPV_y...re=related)