Yoga
Can anybody point me to a thread or article skeptically analyzing Yoga ? Yoga and its fraudulent claims have been mentioned here and there in Nirmukta but I can not find any complete analysis containing all the pros and cons of Yoga. I am particularly interested in medical testings of the effectiveness of Yoga and the validity of the claim that yoga bears something unique compared to any other physical activity which makes it suitable for prescribing as a cure to any disease, specially for stress removal.

Also, any similar skeptical analysis of the "good-looking-kriya" by Mr Mr Ravishankar will really make me happy ! W00t
(17-May-2014, 06:55 PM)pallab Wrote: Can anybody point me to a thread or article skeptically analyzing Yoga ? Yoga and its fraudulent claims have been mentioned here and there in Nirmukta but I can not find any complete analysis containing all the pros and cons of Yoga. I am particularly interested in medical testings of the effectiveness of Yoga and the validity of the claim that yoga bears something unique compared to any other physical activity which makes it suitable for prescribing as a cure to any disease, specially for stress removal.

Also, any similar skeptical analysis of the "good-looking-kriya" by Mr Mr Ravishankar will really make me happy ! W00t

http://nirmukta.com/2011/10/31/the-yoga-delusion/
(17-May-2014, 06:55 PM)pallab Wrote: Can anybody point me to a thread or article skeptically analyzing Yoga ? Yoga and its fraudulent claims have been mentioned here and there in Nirmukta but I can not find any complete analysis containing all the pros and cons of Yoga. I am particularly interested in medical testings of the effectiveness of Yoga and the validity of the claim that yoga bears something unique compared to any other physical activity which makes it suitable for prescribing as a cure to any disease, specially for stress removal.

http://nirmukta.com/2009/01/24/do-we-need-yoga/

This might address some of your questions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yoga helps cancer patients?? mohankarthik 2 3,390 31-Aug-2011, 01:23 AM
Last Post: UrsulaT
  Crime rate & the yoga sutra of peace Swati 5 7,227 06-Oct-2010, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Sajit