Zakir Naik: the hate spitting GodMan
There's a lot to discuss. I am pasting the criticism section of Wiki to initiate response (Failing which I will put in my inputs but first I'd like to weigh my understanding of this man as against others):

Criticism

On the issue of the theory of evolution, Naik commented that it contradicts Islam since it remains "just a theory and not a fact". According to Naik, scientists "support the theory, because it went against the Bible – not because it was true."[32] According to Naik, there are hundreds of scientists and Noble Prize winners who speak against Darwin’s theory.
Political Analyst Khaled Ahmed argues that, Naik, through his claims of Islam's superiority over other religious faiths, practices, what he calls reverse Orientalism.[2]

In 2004, Naik visited New Zealand[33] and then the Australian capital at the invitation of Islamic Information and Services Network of Australasia. At his conference in Melbourne, senior writer and columnist[34] Sushi Das commented that "Naik extolled the moral and spiritual superiority of Islam and lampooned other faiths and the West in general", further criticizing that Naik's words "fostered a spirit of separateness and reinforced prejudice".[35]

In August 2006, Naik's visit and conference in Cardiff (UK) were the object of controversy, when Welsh MP David Davies called for his appearance to be cancelled. He argued that Naik as a 'hate-monger', and said his views did not deserve a 'public platform'; Muslims from Cardiff, however, defended Naik's right to speak in their city. Saleem Kidwai, Secretary General of the Muslim Council of Wales, disagreed with Davies, stating that "people who know about him (Naik) know that he is one of the most uncontroversial persons you could find. He talks about the similarities between religions, and how should we work on the common ground between them", whilst also inviting Davies to discuss further with Naik personally in the conference. The conference went ahead, after the Cardiff council stated it was satisfied that he would not be preaching extremist views.[36][37]

Khushwant Singh, a prominent Indian journalist, politician and author argues that Naik's pronouncements are "juvenile" and said that "they seldom rise above the level of undergraduate college debates, where contestants vie with each other to score brownie points".
Singh replied to Zakir Naik's statement that "Western society claims to have uplifted women. On the contrary, it has actually degraded them to the status of concubines, mistresses, and society butterflies who are mere tools in the hands of pleasure seekers and sex marketers…."[38] by saying "Dr. Naik, you know next to nothing about the Western society and are talking through your skull cap. People like you are making the Muslims lag behind other communities." Singh also noted that Naik's audiences "... listen to him with rapt attention and often explode in enthusiastic applause when he rubbishes other religious texts ..."[39][40]

Lucknow based cleric Kalbe Jawad argued that "Naik is bringing a bad name to Muslims. Such people should be condemned and socially boycotted" and claimed that Naik was being financed by the Wahabi sect that supposedly perpetrates violence in the name of Islam and expressed the need for an inquiry into, how Naik was running a TV channel on his own and where he received the funds from. Another Lucknow cleric Naib Imam Maulana Khalid Rasheed Firangi Mahali claimed that Naik has "mugged up some verses from the Koran and pretends to be an Islamic scholar".[41]
Fatwas

In August 2008, Darul Uloom Deoband issued a fatwa stating: "The statements made by Dr Zakir Naik indicate that he is a preacher of Ghair Muqallidin. One should not rely upon his speeches." [42]

The Shariah Board of America has also issued more than 20 fatwas against Naik on their website. They believe Naik has gone astray, as he is not a scholar and issues Islamic teachings without authority or any knowledge to do so, which is dangerous to Islam; "Naik is known for discussions on comparative religions. He is not a qualified Aalim of deen. His comments on fiqh have no merit. If it is true that he condemned the fiqh of the Imams, then that in itself is a clear indication of his lack of fiqh and understanding of Shairah. We have come across a fatwa from Darul Ifta Jamia Binnoria, Pakistan regarding Zakir Naik not being a certified Aalim of Deen. He should consult with Ulama in his endeavor of propagating deen."[43][44]

In November 2008 the Lucknow based cleric Abul Irfan Mian Firangi Mahali issued a fatwa against Naik, describing Naik as a "Kafir" (non-believer) and stating in the fatwa, that Naik should be ex-communicated from Islam. He argued that "Naik is not an Islamic scholar. His teachings are against the Koran. In his speeches, he insults Allah and glorifies Yazeed, the killer of Imam Hussain" and that Naik had supported Laden and called upon all Muslims to become terrorists. Naik, however, said that his speeches were misquoted and that he was allegedly targeted by people with vested interests and said of the fatwa "fatwas mean nothing. They should also issue fatwas against Imam Bukhari. Some clerics who have limited understanding of Islam are doing these things. It doesn't affect me". The All-India Sunni Board and Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jilani Foundation have also defended Naik.[41][45]
Murthy

"Credulity kills" -- Carl Sagan
His presence on youtube is very frustrating to me. For example, look at his video on "justifying polytheism", http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zhxdW04pGo . He is plain lying in some of his statistics!

Edit: Actually its not really polytheism. Its why one man can marry more than one woman.

There are attempts to counter his online activism too, like http://zakir-naik-islam-peace.blogspot.com/ . There are posts that say that many terrorists are getting inspiration from his speeches!

I think we should scale up the activism against him on youtube. It should be on the lines of rebutting his claims, similar to rebuttals to creationist videos (based on a Hovind theory) on youtube like http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...nists&aq=0

For those of you who don't know, Nirmukta has one already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mkfm25ID-U Please help spread it!
Aditya Manthramurthy
Web Administrator & Associate Editor
Nirmukta.com
Barkha Dutt pwns Zakir Naik.

Murthy

"Credulity kills" -- Carl Sagan
Zakir Naik is the a man who is spreading the massege of islam into the other religion . He done duties very well. He is my favorite personality.
That was a good video and it just goes to show that this man is talking out of his ass.
Why was "marinasos" above banned?? Just wondering.
Well that account's signature is quite clearly spam, and it was posting various irrelevant 1-liners in other threads (which are deleted now I think). I reported the post, but someone else did all the moderation work.
Aditya Manthramurthy
Web Administrator & Associate Editor
Nirmukta.com
Exclamation 
(15-Jun-2010, 10:21 AM)donatello Wrote: His presence on youtube is very frustrating to me. For example, look at his video on "justifying polytheism", http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zhxdW04pGo . He is plain lying in some of his statistics!

Edit: Actually its not really polytheism. Its why one man can marry more than one woman.

There are attempts to counter his online activism too, like http://zakir-naik-islam-peace.blogspot.com/ . There are posts that say that many terrorists are getting inspiration from his speeches!

I think we should scale up the activism against him on youtube. It should be on the lines of rebutting his claims, similar to rebuttals to creationist videos (based on a Hovind theory) on youtube like http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...nists&aq=0

For those of you who don't know, Nirmukta has one already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mkfm25ID-U Please help spread it!

what a load of crap by zakir.

Lets see the facts about male : female ratio from CIA world factbook
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications.../2018.html

You can see the Islam countries and religious countries have more male population than female at the age between 15-65.

Islam doesn't give modesty to women in any way, it takes all her liberty away. There are many things to say, but its waste of my time.

The most disturbing thing was when he treats female as "Property" that men buy. Men are allowed to buy more than one. If a woman is not bought by anyone, she becomes "public property" than any men can temporarily hire.

I saw the nirmukta video. It was brilliant work, we need more of that. Every video of zakir should be edited to show people that he is wrong.
Zakir Naik says that 80% Islam is scientifically provable and the rest 20% does not contradict Science. He tries to prove his faith by using logical arguments. He is funded by the petro-dollars. The Dark Age of the Europeans was overcome by Greek Philosophy and Arabic Discoveries. The Muslims though receded into rational oblivion after their Golden Age.