free will
goodmorning: Most of the studies shows that free will does not exist. Conscious mind is made by unconscious activity of brain, and this activity is not in our control.
Unconscious part of brain operates based on information stored in brain and the charecterestics of brain determined by gene.Huh
One thought is initiated in the unconscious part of brain ,and we are not the conscious authers of this action.Initiation of thought may be randome or deterministic, so both way free will is impossible
tongue
Today one song i heard before three or four years came to mind without any reason, while i was drivingCursing.No need to consider dual entity of mind and body, its very stupid.
Universe at macroscopic level seems to be deterministic, so it should be at microscopic level also.
Uncertainity principle says quantom particles are random.Actually we dont have the knowledge about their behaviour,Uncertanity inside a deterministic universe.Clap
If no free will, no one is responsible for their actions, nothing wrong, nothing right etc Devil2
Everything is determined by universe, to some extent it seems randome.
THEN WHY ATHEISM, ONLY DETERMINISM, IF ATHEISM IS SUPERIOR TO OTHERS, YOU ARE NOT BOUND BY THE LAWS OF UNIVERSE.
Nothing can be done everything goes in its way
By, a determinist.
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/neuros...pCs0x8Q_UI

please read. Also do a simple experiment. run a random number generator program. if the number is odd write 1 on a paper else 0. switch 0,1 relation with even/odd several times as per your mood. ie when you feel like write 1 for even and 0 for odd, so on and so forth.

Take the sequence of 10 such binary digits. convert it into a decimal. repeat this 10 times to get a decimal sequence. repeat this whole several time to get a sequence sample. Run a sophisticated pattern finder and see if there's a pattern with the initial input. if there isn't, you have free will.

And if you are thinking what the f*** about the above experiment. You do have the free will. smile

The above experiment simply proves when given a random input we are able to produce an output which doesn't depend on the initial input while considering every other environmental conditions are same. and hence we can **influence** events. which is simply called free will.
You please read carefully, i already agreed in my post itmay be randome , but what we missing is that we dont have any conscious control over brain.It either work ins a determined way or randome way .
Read the book of famous atheist sam harris about free will

Brain takes a decision based on information stored in our brain.This informations are detetmined by the circumstances ,which are out of our control.
Its a biological traitHungry
Face Palm
Suppose, you are sitting in a chair, now a thought about a movie ,which you have watched before many years comes to your mind
What is your explanation about this thought, why this Particular movie, what triggers this thought in brain cortex
You just studied mathematics blindly
Consider this letters
A,B,C,D
Make a random combination of two letters .It will be one of the possible out comes.Randomness only mean it is independendant of the previous experiment.But falls in the group of all possible out comes.

Consider your brain, in any way brain takes decision but outcome fall in the group of all possible combinations.
mohit Wrote:Run a sophisticated pattern finder and see if there's a pattern with the initial input. if there isn't, you have free will.

In that case computers, which support true random number generators (even without using quantum randomness) can be considered to have free will.
navasnm

I do not understand much of your post. But why exactly are you tying up the debate on Atheism/Theism with the one on the presence/absence of free will as you have done below?

(22-Nov-2013, 10:47 PM)navasnm Wrote: THEN WHY ATHEISM, ONLY DETERMINISM, IF ATHEISM IS SUPERIOR TO OTHERS, YOU ARE NOT BOUND BY THE LAWS OF UNIVERSE.
DO YOU BELEIVE IN CHILD INDOCTRINATION, IS IT THEIR FAULT?
You give inputs , to the brain like,A,B,C,D,
CAN YOU EXPECT A COMBINATION OF X,Y,Z AS RESULT.
Atheism fails, because nobody is guilty for their mistakes
navasnm,

**Atheism fails, because nobody is guilty for their mistakes**

What does atheism have to do with any kind of guilt? And what does atheism or guilt have anything to do with free will?

You have to slow down and discuss one issue at a time.
Sorry.
Childs of christian become, christian , muslims become muslims this is called child indoctrination.Some of them leaves parents religion, why? Can we say all stick to parents religion are fools?

Consider , my own issue,
I read quran, in my local language at the age of 15. Before that i beleived quran contains everything.This quran is kept in my relatives house.They are extreme religious, they kept it for religious purposes.
When i read this book, i only find warnings and threats.I asked others ,i could not find anything in this book.They told me you dont know how to read this book ,and you need interpretation.I did not become an atheist at that time,but i had big doubts.
First of all i read this book accidently, secondly, my brain has a critical thinking capacity.Both my merits?
Navasnm,
Atheism is perfectly compatible with Naturalism. Freethought encompasses both of them. So there is no conflict between "lack of belief in God" and "Individual doesn't CHOOSE to be a theist/atheist". naturalism.org is a good resource to get introduced to Naturalism.

Also you are derailing this thread. Its about free will and NOT about atheism. So kindly stick to the thread topic. Thanks
Thanks,
Atheism is a strict line of thought, I just reminded we are all part of the same universe, all criticism has a limit
I prefers determinism to naturalism, because everything has a reason atleast phylosophically,
Determinism is extreme level of naturalism,
Still I opposes religions, because I think my life is determined in this way
bye