hello everyone :)
Wink 
Hello everyone, I'm Rahul from Kerala. I found this forum and Nirmukta community through reddit. I'm 21 and is an atheist since age 19. I always had skepticism about religion and all the mumbo jumbo.. and I was assured that it is all just a bunch load of crap after seeing loads of documentaries and reading a lot of books from Richard Dawkins, Carl Sagan (love the Cosmos show/book) and others.

I was born into a Hindu Brahmin family and my all other family members are die hard believers. I'ts kinda hard to cop up with them because they believe all sorts of ridiculous stuff that doesn't make any sense what so ever.

Well anyway its good to see you people and I hope that this community can at least help a little bit to pull the people in our country from the deep pit of supernatural and irrational believes.
Biggrin

"Life is but a momentary glimpse into the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it makes me sad to see so many people dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." - Carl Sagan
Welcome to Nirmukta, Rahul!
Welcome aboard, Rahul! Its nice to have you here smile

We have a Kerala regional group on the forums, as you may have noticed.

BTW, which part of Kerala are you from? There's an exciting event coming up in Callicut later this month:
http://nirmukta.net/Thread-Second-B-Prem...eera-Nanda
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
Smile 
@lije, thank you very much smile

@Ajita Kamal, I'm from Trivandrum. I'll try to attend the event in Calicut. Sounds awesome smile
"Life is but a momentary glimpse into the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it makes me sad to see so many people dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." - Carl Sagan
(11-Jan-2011, 07:32 AM)holyshitbatman Wrote: @lije, thank you very much smile

@Ajita Kamal, I'm from Trivandrum. I'll try to attend the event in Calicut. Sounds awesome smile

Rahul, have you seen my recent post on the thread for the Calicut event? We are looking for someone who can broadcast this event online, and we will provide the media coverage, through our media efforts and our contacts with other more popular freethought groups online. Are you interested?
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
(26-Jan-2011, 11:34 AM)Ajita Kamal Wrote:
(11-Jan-2011, 07:32 AM)holyshitbatman Wrote: @lije, thank you very much smile

Rahul, have you seen my recent post on the thread for the Calicut event? We are looking for someone who can broadcast this event online, and we will provide the media coverage, through our media efforts and our contacts with other more popular freethought groups online. Are you interested?

Yes I am interested but I dont think I can be there. My grandma is in the hospital.Sad