meaning and essence of life
The question that comes to my mind is "If we live our lives such that people cherish our memories then is it necessary to find out the meaning of life". We should be very simple and our motives should be good. The meaning of life is for those who are in search of coherent and convincing explanation of his/her experiences. The very fact that one wants to find the meaning of life means that he/she is has suffered setbacks in life and has tried to grapple with daily life. It means people on Earth are not happy. There are many negative vibes in the air and distrust is rampant.
I have lived 5-6 years of my life finding life amusing and funny. 
We should be more concerned about the essence of life rather than meaning of life.
[+] 1 user Likes praggy1973's post
(09-Jan-2016, 09:42 PM)praggy1973 Wrote: The question that comes to my mind is "If we live our lives such that people cherish our memories then is it necessary to find out the meaning of life". We should be very simple and our motives should be good. The meaning of life is for those who are in search of coherent and convincing explanation of his/her experiences. The very fact that one wants to find the meaning of life means that he/she is has suffered setbacks in life and has tried to grapple with daily life. It means people on Earth are not happy. There are many negative vibes in the air and distrust is rampant.
I have lived 5-6 years of my life finding life amusing and funny. 
We should be more concerned about the essence of life rather than meaning of life.

As per the science there shouldn't be any meaning to life. "meaning" is a relative concept. So can there be anything 'meaningful'?  I mean to say there can't be any essence without meaning!

But then the real problem begins....meaninglessness of science itself!! Laugh Biggrin Happydance
(06-Jul-2016, 12:46 PM)ramesh Wrote: As per the science there shouldn't be any meaning to life.
Any proper references to support that claim?

(06-Jul-2016, 12:46 PM)ramesh Wrote: But then the real problem begins....meaninglessness of science itself!! Laugh Biggrin Happydance
Again claims out of the air... Please don't troll here..
/Any proper references to support that claim?/

From many atheist blogs I came to know that there's no such a thing like "meaningfulness of life". If that's not the case I would be glad to know the meaning of of life. Thanks.
(07-Jul-2016, 07:41 PM)ramesh Wrote: /Any proper references to support that claim?/

From many atheist blogs I came to know that there's no such a thing like "meaningfulness of life". If that's not the case I would be glad to know the meaning of of life. Thanks.

So atheist blogs = science???
Isn't science what humans (say atheists) define? If yes, then atheist blogs = science to that extent,

if not can the science define itself?
"Meaning is not a relative term, but subjective". Ramesh you are getting confused between the meaning of the words "relative" and "subjective".
Essence of life can be put objectively. It is enough to know it. We need not experience it as it is a cumulative term.