moderation open thread
Quote:Perhaps there is a history with this particular commentator, for this opinion, that I am not aware of- in which case I have no ground to talk about it. But as a casual observer (perhaps bordering of naive) I don't see any "Yes, but". In fact I could not find any form of "support" that would seem as an rape apologist. Perhaps I missed something.
If you wish , i could pm you the screenshots of his "history" and also his post-event actions(his PMs)
But i suggest let's leave it at this and move on.
Surrender
All right.. crawling under the bridge.Surrender
Guys,

Piyus Mishra and me were discussing in FB nirmukta. We are blocked without any warning because we disagreed on a topic with the moderators. This really is not in the spirit of freethinkers if ppl are blocked bcos they disagree with you.

And worst part is its not just nirmukta, even freethinkers sites are blocked.

1. Please let us know why are we blocked without even a single warning. that too just bcos we disagree on womens bill with you guys.

2. Please give me access to Bangalore freethinkers blog.

Thanks,
Sudhir
[+] 1 user Likes sudhirbr's post
You were blocked because of repeatedly bumping up the thread and commenting thrice after the thread was closed(Your comments were deleted)
[Image: oHxmq.png?1]
[Image: 5yo8i.png?1]
LMC,

I only put one post after the thread was closed and clearly mentioned this is my last post. I didnt post multiple msgs as claimed.

Satish's post was a mere suggestion that we should move to forum.
I have never posted in nirmukta forum. I was already a viewer. I only created my login here today to post this complaint.

Isnt there any thing like a warning msg where ppl r warned and then action taken? I or Piyush received no warning msg and straight away blocked. I am not happy with the moderator who took this action. We disagreed with women's bill and it shouldnt used as vendetta just bcos we disagree on the topics.
(25-Mar-2012, 03:48 PM)LMC Wrote: You were blocked because of repeatedly bumping up the thread and commenting thrice after the thread was closed(Your comments were deleted)
[Image: oHxmq.png?1]
[Image: 5yo8i.png?1]

#1 We were not posting anything related to the thread. From the deleted comments, it was clear that those comments were our final comments on the thread.

We were not included in the decision to move the thread to the forums. So we're supposed to just stop commenting and leave the discussion as soon as we see someone talk about moving to the forums?

#2 Why was I warned about the misandry comment on the same thread? I call for banning of Nullis as he clearly has done it too. Be fair to your own standards now.
From the group rules, I guess you didn't bother to read them:

Quote:5. For some long-running conversations that are continually “bumping down” other conversations or deemed to be detrimental to the group, administrators may at their discretion “close” the thread, and move it to the http://nirmukta.net forums. Once a thread is closed, further comments on it will be deleted, and persistent commenting and “bumping up” might invite a warning and/or ban.
(25-Mar-2012, 08:07 PM)unsorted Wrote: From the group rules, I guess you didn't bother to read them:

Quote:5. For some long-running conversations that are continually “bumping down” other conversations or deemed to be detrimental to the group, administrators may at their discretion “close” the thread, and move it to the http://nirmukta.net forums. Once a thread is closed, further comments on it will be deleted, and persistent commenting and “bumping up” might invite a warning and/or ban.

I did read them and it says "persistent" bumping up. We posted one comment after the one which said about moving to the forums and that was more of a closing statement on the thread than anything else. If you say that is supposed to be taken as persistent posting, you should be banning other's who posted between that comment and us too. The only thing me and sudhir had in common was our point of view on that matter. Had it been a ban on all people who commented, I'd still have been asking for clarification but would not be this grumpy about it.

Is this a singled out case or the true expression of nirmukta? If it's a singled out case, I would urge you to be more clear than your previous comment. But if it is true expression of nirmukta, I don't want you to waste your time on me because I can't take unequal rules based on a person'spoint of view and this would happen again.
unsorted

As piyush said we just posted one closing statement. Even your own rules says you got to issue warning and we received no warning telling us this is against the rules.

Guys, someone posts on a closed thread and u go to make that a grave crime that deserves blocking for eternity ? Even religious ppl wouldnt frame such a rule for someone unknowingly posting on a closed thread.

We are here to discuss, express and find the truth. These silly reasons shouldnt hinder us.
It is up to the admins discretion whether to warn or not. In your cases, the bumping, coupled with the sexist cluelessness on the thread, led to the immediate ban.

Two other people commented. The first to ask about the forum link, to which I replied they would have to create one. No reason to ban there. The second person who commented did not see the first "closed" post, because the thread would have appeared in truncated mode in the thread. I then posted a second "closed" comment, after which you saw fit to bump the thread again, not once but twice.

Your comments here don't suggest any redeeming features either. You remain out.

unsorted.

see if u r the kind of moderators we have then its better to stay out of such groups. When you guys lose the argument al that you got is pick a reason and block the ppl. You can behave with arrogance bcos u r the mods right.

But why did you remove from bangalore free thinkers? You dont have remove ppl from all the groups just bcos u dont like them in one group.
(25-Mar-2012, 09:09 PM)unsorted Wrote: It is up to the admins discretion whether to warn or not. In your cases, the bumping, coupled with the sexist cluelessness on the thread, led to the immediate ban.

Sexist? So talking about equal rights is sexist? Sexist, by definition, means prejudice based on sex. As far as I can tell, you had the prejudice that we're patriarchal when we clearly were talking about equal laws and equal rights.

As I asked before, should I take this as nirmukta's official position on gender equality or is this your personal opinion?