moderation open thread
(13-Oct-2012, 09:34 AM)envirovivek Wrote: Why Nirmukta and Chennai Free Thinkers, Admins are so tight lipped and not replying to the messages sent??

Would appreciate if your tone is not aggressive. Nirmukta is a private space moderated by handful of individuals who have a lot of other commitments. So there can be delays in response.
Also a Note. No more discussion about attitudes of individuals and related topics in the threads anymore. That will be considered as unnecessary derailment of the thread topic. Please restrict yourself to arguments pertaining to the topic at hand.

If you have concerns with some comments or individuals report the posts or raise the concerns in this thread.
(13-Oct-2012, 09:38 AM)Kanad Kanhere Wrote:
(13-Oct-2012, 09:34 AM)envirovivek Wrote: Why Nirmukta and Chennai Free Thinkers, Admins are so tight lipped and not replying to the messages sent??

Would appreciate if your tone is not aggressive. Nirmukta is a private space moderated by handful of individuals who have a lot of other commitments. So there can be delays in response.

I appreciate the efforts being put in by each admin and moderators. I know how difficult it is. I too run groups and pages. What all I ask is just a small reply. When someone didnt even bothers to give little reply, for the concern raised, It looks as if am an unwelcomed of these forum...

Thank you...
(13-Oct-2012, 09:40 AM)Kanad Kanhere Wrote: Also a Note. No more discussion about attitudes of individuals and related topics in the threads anymore. That will be considered as unnecessary derailment of the thread topic. Please restrict yourself to arguments pertaining to the topic at hand.

If you have concerns with some comments or individuals report the posts or raise the concerns in this thread.

Thank you I will use Report options to raise issues related to attitudes and individuals...

Thank you...
(13-Oct-2012, 09:50 AM)envirovivek Wrote: When someone didnt even bothers to give little reply, for the concern raised, It looks as if am an unwelcomed of these forum...

You start off in Nirmukta by attacking a member simply based on her last name. You jump to conclusions merely at the hint of any criticism. And yet you feel entitled enough to demand why no mod bothered to reply to you? The answer is simple. The only obligation the moderators are under is to maintain a community. Not to give a platform to people who run off their mouths and are here to win debating games. The forum rules reflect that. Deal with it.
[+] 4 users Like Lije's post
(13-Oct-2012, 11:29 AM)Lije Wrote: [quote='envirovivek' pid='7488' dateline='1350102001'] When someone didnt even bothers to give little reply, for the concern raised, It looks as if am an unwelcomed of these forum...

Quote:You start off in Nirmukta by attacking a member simply based on her last name.

How you could come to that conclusions just by hearing the perspective the other person alone??? The very reason i contact so many moderators both in Facebook and Nirmukta, I want someone to hear my perspective before banning me or warning me. My worry you make judgements about me without even enquiring me.... Is this fair? How one comes to conclusion I attacked her based on the caste surname???

Quote:You jump to conclusions merely at the hint of any criticism.

I was jumping to conclusion, when I didnt see moderation, now with moderation, everything goes fine.

Quote:Not to give a platform to people who run off their mouths and are here to win debating games.
The very entry of my group is looked by others with prejudice, that am attacking her based on Surname. Please have a look at the first two replies I posted on the first day I entered this forum. There wasn't any rude comments or any thing. I tried to explain all the questioned by Gayathri, its only when she started to flood in unrelated citations and distorting my words, I went angry... Then I didnt new who is moderator, I thought here also she is moderator and felt helpless. Even when I got my first directions from Moderation from Mr.Kanad i thought he is just another member of the goup. Only after I saw he is moderator, I complained to him through public post, which I should have not done.

But without enquiring me taking a decison about me right from Admin to super moderator is bit unfair.

I didn't target her because of her Surname, I targetted her because She being an admin of CFT, she made such baseless arguements in CFT, which is the main issue provoked me to post in CFT as well as here. therefore am not here to target her surname. A surnamed admin, arguing surname removal is fallacious based on fallacious arguements. Beig admin making fallacious argument is the main problem for me.

Anyhow atleast with anger replying me now... I hope I made things clear.

If you have any questions about my behaviour you can ask me.
Dear Moderators

Just want to understand. What is acceptable at Nirmukta and its facebook pages. Can we discuss anything? Social attitudes, political issues, feminism issues etc under 'free thought' or 'atheist' pages?
Check the group rules here

(30-Oct-2012, 04:04 PM)skeptic Wrote: Dear Moderators

Just want to understand. What is acceptable at Nirmukta and its facebook pages. Can we discuss anything? Social attitudes, political issues, feminism issues etc under 'free thought' or 'atheist' pages?
[+] 2 users Like Kanad Kanhere's post
Rule #1 says "posting off-topic after being asked to stay on-topic by forum staff"
- So does it mean its OK to post off-topic if forum staff do not object?
- Can a non forum-staff point out if he thinks a post is off-topic, or does that amounts to interfering with moderation?
- What is exactly 'off-topic' if the subject is for example 'atheism'? Is politics off topic ? Is feminism off topic?

Rule #4 says "Do not divert the topic or make off-topic posts" with reference to 'hijacking' or diverting a normal post

I think a little more clarity would be helpful.

(31-Oct-2012, 01:07 AM)Kanad Kanhere Wrote: Check the group rules here

(30-Oct-2012, 04:04 PM)skeptic Wrote: Dear Moderators

(27-Nov-2012, 09:31 AM)skeptic Wrote: Rule #1 says "posting off-topic after being asked to stay on-topic by forum staff"
- So does it mean its OK to post off-topic if forum staff do not object?
- Can a non forum-staff point out if he thinks a post is off-topic, or does that amounts to interfering with moderation?
- What is exactly 'off-topic' if the subject is for example 'atheism'? Is politics off topic ? Is feminism off topic?

Rule #4 says "Do not divert the topic or make off-topic posts" with reference to 'hijacking' or diverting a normal post

I think a little more clarity would be helpful.

I want to know whats your intent behind this whole exercise. It will help me to answer your questions pertinently.
[+] 1 user Likes Kanad Kanhere's post
Dear Moderators,

I am banned in Bangalore Freethinkers. Inspite of our difference of opinion on feminism I have stayed away from discussing it yet I am banned.

May I know the reason for banning me?
Quote:May I know the reason for banning me?
Flamebaiting