need information on Indian Black magic
Hi all

my friend says he is getting Lemons in his home(inside cupboard or inside the dress) during newmoon or no moon, he thinks that black magic exist and he will be in trouble in no time, now his parents are planning for pooja for this, i want to explain the science behind it, can someone help me to explain it,

note: i know nothing about it, but i belive there is a science behind it,
or is it like this:-
(Explanation)
by seeing the lemon, they get upset psychologically and start doing wrong things by themselves and blame on this lemon(Black magic), and when they get the pooja done, they regain their confidence and stability in thinking(psychologically balanced) so everything will go good from then on, so they start thinking that the pooja help them? is it true?

I want know more about science behind the Indian black magic, please suggest me some some websites, forums, books etc

Thanks
Prashanth Shivanna
(23-Dec-2010, 09:24 AM)prashanthshivanna Wrote: (Explanation)
by seeing the lemon, they get upset psychologically and start doing wrong things by themselves and blame on this lemon(Black magic), and when they get the pooja done, they regain their confidence and stability in thinking(psychologically balanced) so everything will go good from then on, so they start thinking that the pooja help them?

The human mind is capable of some spectacular delusions. So yes, that explanation is a plausible one.

A simple way to show that black magic is hokum is to challenge someone to harm you only by using black magic. No one ever has succeeded. Here is one such challenge:

A quick google search yielded a couple of skeptical links - link1, link2 .
[+] 3 users Like Lije's post
a good info.
THanks.
Also Prashanth, you could ask your friend to take the James Randi 1million$ challenge asking him to prove black magic exists. You can see the details here: http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html To date, no one has been able to claim it because no such thing exists.

Also, if you want a list of books to understand why supernatural phenomena is nonsense, you can see this thread with a list of good books: http://nirmukta.net/Thread-Atheism-and-f...tions-dump
Hey thanks.

I will talk to my friend on this

-regards
Prashanth

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist challenged Indian black magician to kill him live on TV holyshitbatman 1 5,364 16-Apr-2011, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Ajita Kamal
  Healing Methods in Indian Villages TTCUSM 9 4,809 15-Sep-2010, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Sajit