[split] How to handle trolls in freethought groups
(07-Jun-2011, 02:14 AM)lalitmohanchawla Wrote: now that i have made it clear , you may want to make it clear your stance when you say that trolls should not be banned
"i do not agree that trolls must be banned irrespective of what worldwide rules are.",
that which exactly of the above types do you think should not be banned and we can analyse each type differently

None of the above.
I give 10 minutes to admins of this forum to explain their unethical action.
Satish posted this elsewhere today.

Quote:Nirmukta community has some parallels to the open source communities. For example somebody who uses Linux, but doesn’t contribute anything to the community feels so entitled that he wants the community to do what he wants. At that point the community bluntly tells him to STFU and be the change he wants to be.
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
I like the parallel with the open-source world. The "committers" over there kind of map to admins over here -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Committer
Rajesh (this is Sunil btw) - so you think no trolls should be banned. Question for you then, something I asked Tiwari on the fb thread - are you a member/do you know of any freethought forum which does not ban trolls? What is it like? And how successful has that group been in achieving its goals?
This might be a good opportunity to practice on the list of types of trolls Lalit posted here and in subsequent posts. What type do you reckon this one is?
"Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian"
~ J.B.S.Haldane, on being asked to falsify evolution.
Affected Profundity Troll perhaps? "Pretentious drivel that is intended to appear wise, but which generally makes little sense (if any)".

Or we could introduce a new category of troll, called the Not Even Wrong Troll. smile
[+] 1 user Likes unsorted's post
(12-Jun-2011, 09:32 AM)Ajita Kamal Wrote: This might be a good opportunity to practice on the list of types of trolls Lalit posted here and in subsequent posts. What type do you reckon this one is?
sounds fun

(12-Jun-2011, 10:19 AM)unsorted Wrote: Affected Profundity Troll perhaps? "Pretentious drivel that is intended to appear wise, but which generally makes little sense (if any)".

Or we could introduce a new category of troll, called the Not Even Wrong Troll. smile
nice , i think we will have to invent some of our own since that list of trolls came from Phil Elmore, a martial arts instructor it has much to do with martial arts,

(12-Jun-2011, 09:32 AM)Ajita Kamal Wrote: This might be a good opportunity to practice on the list of types of trolls Lalit posted here and in subsequent posts. What type do you reckon this one is?

Wasn't his account deleted before? GoodMorning

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is Freethought? Ajita Kamal 23 17,864 24-Aug-2014, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Lije
  Promoting freethought in Kolkata natselrox 8 4,602 18-Nov-2010, 06:37 PM
Last Post: PankajKulkarni
  What constitutes Freethought? Ajita Kamal 18 8,242 27-Oct-2010, 06:11 PM
Last Post: ABrowne
  Welcome to the Freethought Forum bala 4 3,716 29-Mar-2010, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Ajita Kamal