Intro.
Hi,

I am a post-doctoral researcher (Biophysics), currently in Philadelphia. I grew up in a community with very strict religious beliefs. Lately learnt a lot from Darwin's theory of evolution and documentaries of Richard Dawkins. I feel extremely relieved to realize that humans are just animals with evolved brains. No soul, atman, rebirth and karma etc.

And I am glad to join this forum. Hoping to learn, share and have fun.
Welcome to the group Shrini
Could you tell us more about your research,interests.
Also check out this thread.
(13-Feb-2012, 03:07 AM)LMC Wrote: Welcome to the group Shrini
Could you tell us more about your research,interests.
Also check out this thread.

Postdoctoral Research: Trying to understand the mechanism of anesthetic action on membrane proteins (ion-channels) using computational methods.

PhD Research: Studied the structure and dynamics of ionic-liquids (considered to be green solvents) using computational methods. At JNCASR, Bangalore

Interests: Working with non-govt. organisations to provide better opportunities for socially and economically deprived sections of the society. Spent some time working with
Sankalp India Foundation, Bangalore http://www.sankalpindia.net/drupal/
Note book drive http://www.ncsi.iisc.ernet.in/eVoices/?q=aug09/nbd
[+] 1 user Likes Shrini's post
Welcome Dr. Shrini to the Boards.
Keep the threads and the posts coming. It's great to see more and more folks from the bioscience stream joining.

peace Flowers
Nick.
"It's alright, I rarely meet anyone who's able to read it properly. Although personally, I never thought that it to be an odd of a name. Once I give people the pronunciation, they tend to remember my name by easily associating me with it. A unique face, a unique moniker."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Self Intro bigb 1 924 28-Mar-2015, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Lije
  Shylen's Intro rationathe 1 1,468 15-Jun-2012, 09:20 PM
Last Post: nick87